Friday, January 11, 2008

Holy Tornado!

We do not live in the Midwest, so pretty much I figured we were safe from tornadoes. Guess I was wrong on that again. I thought that too living in Salt Lake, but we had one there about 7 years ago go right through downtown when I was working. Well yesterday we had one here. It touched down about 3 miles from our house and was on the ground for about 4 miles. I was watching the news, so I knew it was happening. Then the news said it was heading towards us. Do I jump in the bathtub with Brady or what? We don't have a basement, so I guess the tub is the safest place. I watched out the window to see if it was coming, luckily it did not. But it sure does scare the pants off a person. All I know is that I want no part of tornadoes. So I guess we will not be moving to the Midwest.

3 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I'm not sure which is worse, your tornado or my earthquakes. But either way, it's awful feeling like a sitting duck, isn't it?

Rachel said...

Kim, that is so scary. You should look into the CERT program in your area, it's Certified Emergency Response Team. Chad and I did the program in SLC and I love the information the fireman that taught the class gave us about just such events. It also opened my eyes how unprepared we were for anything like that.

Rachel said...

Hey, it's been two weeks, have you given up on the blog world already??