Sunday, September 27, 2009

One question answered

Often while I am out driving I will see one shoe laying on the road. This leads me to the question of how does someone lose just one shoe? I have wondered this for years as I am driving and see yet another shoe on the road.

Today my lovely husband answered the question for me without saying a word. We packed the boys (he loaded B, I loaded C) into the truck to head to Costco to pick up the things we need in large quantities (wipes, dog food, cat litter and Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches). We drove the 15 minutes to get there, getting on the interstate, crossing the river and back off the interstate finally arriving at Costco. While unloading the boys, my lovely husband asks where are B's shoes? My lovely husband had them coming out of the house so I guessed he knew where the were. We both looked at the back of the truck (yes, outside the truck) and saw just one shoe. Apparently my lovely husband forgot that shoes are not meant to ride on the back of the truck where they can so easily fall off while diving at high rates of speed and making many turns.

If you are driving anywhere between my house and Costco and see a size 8 toddler boys green sandal on the road, do me a favor and pick it up. Yes, we did return the same route we went but were unable to find the poor lost shoe. Did I mention I loved those shoes because B had not yet figured how to get them off in the car? And did I mention my lovely husband.....?

So next time you see a single shoe on the road you will know a possible way how it got there.

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

hahahahahaha!! love it!

Rachel said...

he he he. That is funny. I try my hardest NOT to take any of the boys to Costco with me. And I only allow myself to shop the "outer" aisles. We have resorted to buying 2 pair of shoes each time we buy new shoes. Boys either miss place them or get one pair dirty. Gotta love the boys.