Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday

This past week we celebrated Brady's first birthday. I am not sure if he really understood what was going on, but he sure enjoyed the celebration. As with most little kids, Brady really liked the wrapping paper and boxes. Although once we got the toys all put together, he really seemed to like them as well. It was fun to watch him go from toy to toy and back again.

He also had his first experience with dessert - birthday cake. Jamie insisted on the cake being chocolate, so I made him a bear cake (we will start with sports themes next year I guess). At first, Brady was a bit tentative with the cake, but then he dug right in. I am not sure if he ate more or had more on him by the time he was done, but he enjoyed it so that is all that truly matters.

It is so hard for me to believe that a year has already gone by. Brady is busy all of the time and keeps us on our toes. He is usually a very good little guy, but lately has started to throw a few tantrums - great. He has also figured out to give kisses, all open mouth kisses. He has not figured out though if he should suck in or blow out while giving the kiss. He really enjoys giving me kisses (which I love too), however I usually end up with quite a bit of slobber on my cheek or chin. Oh well, what a mother does for her child. I figure some day he will not want to give me a kiss, so I might as well get as many as I can now.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Laurel C. said...

Absolutely ADORABLE pictures! He is the cutest little guy and seems to love birthdays!

Happy Birthday to YOU, too, Kim! :)

Rachel said...

Kim, its so fun to hear about Brady. You are such a GREAT MOM! I can just see you giving him zurberts and kisses back.
So much fun that he is ONE!