Thursday, November 1, 2007

Look - a Turtle!

I am sure some day Brady will hate me for his first Halloween costume, a turtle. I could not help it though, it is just so darn cute. Every time I would put it on him I could not help but laugh and he seemed to really get a kick out of wearing it too, even the hat and mittens. And how could you not love the shell on his back.

We did not do the typical trick or treating although his Dad would have liked all of the candy I am sure. We had two different parties we went to with him and then he went to Jamie's work on Halloween to show off his turtleness. I am sure this is the only year we will get by without trick or treating though.

Jamie helped Brady carve his first pumpkin. It was actually just playing in the guts of the pumpkin while Jamie emptied it out and left me to carve the face. Brady loved it though and had to try and give it a taste. Everything now goes straight to his mouth.

If you did not get enough Halloween candy feel free to stop by for some more. For some reason I figured we would get more trick or treaters than we did. I bought 150 pieces of candy and we had 36 trick or treaters (yes, I counted). So we have plenty of candy to go around - maybe I will save it for next year (kidding).

Brady and I made a quick trip home to Utah to visit my family a bit ago. He played in his first snow and decided he would opt for the faceplant while on the sled, but he loved it. Of course, he had to try out the kid snowmobiles, he is still a bit young but in our family we start them young. He can almost reach the brake, so maybe next year. We enjoyed seeing everyone and spending time with them.

On another note, Brady is getting 3 molars. So that makes a total of 11 teeth. He tried to get rid of one by knocking it loose, but it seems to be hanging in there. How many 11 month olds have been to the dentist twice already?

Finally, I have a little tear in my eye. My little guy will by 1 in one week. It hardly seems possible. He is growing so fast, but is truly the light of my life and his Dad's as well. He brings so much joy to both of us and we are constantly amazed by what he can do. Look for pictures on my next post of his birthday.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love the Shell! Kim, you are so funny to count the trick or treater. Always a numbers girl :)
I'm glad you got to visit with the family. I can't believe they had enough snow to sled.
Of course, it's 90 degrees today and I'm really bummed out, it's November and should NOT be this HOT still!