Sunday, March 22, 2009

Christened as a mother

I have been very lucky as a mother with my boys. Both of them really did not spit up much as little babies, the occasional little bit of crap out of the mouth, but nothing big like I had witnessed from other little babies. Colby did get me once with a bit of blessing from his mouth after his first experience with rice cereal, but again not too big.

This last week it finally hit me, literally. Brady had been out of sorts for several day, not wanting to eat, a low grade fever and only wanting to be held. So I did the best I could to hold him and tend to his every need. Then it happened. We were sitting rocking and watching something on the tv and he said "belly urts." I replied with "oh you are fine, here drink some more Pedialyte." Wrong answer, not 10 seconds later he turned to me and shared all of the contents of his stomach. He shared and he shared, boy did he share. I think I was in so much shock, I just sat there for a minute. Dexter on the other hand decided he found a free breakfast that Brady was sharing with him too. I did the best I could to set Brady down on the floor, stand up and get the dog outside before he too was sick from eating whatever this disgusting mess was all over me. Then I stripped Brady down before heading to the laundry room to do the same for myself. Everything was straight into the washer and at this point I did not care that I was mixing colors with whites. Brady starts crying and I am desperately wanting a shower, but a quick towel off with baby wipes will have to do. After we were dressed and the rocker cleaned up, I sat back down and reminded myself that I love being a mother and taking care of my two little ones, but the next time Brady says his belly "urts" I had better grab the closest thing possible.

Yes I am blessed as a mother and happy to say that today everyone seems well.

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

oh kim. welcome to the fold. really, you haven't lived until you've been projectile-vomited on, right??

Rachel said...

Oh gross. But you know, Charley urp all over me Wednesday night at 1 am. So I got to change her, me and the bed sheets. Its funny, if anyone else were to throw up on us we wouldn't take it quite so well. Yes, being a mom does give us a certain level of "experience".